Skip to content Skip to main navigation Report an accessibility issue

Undergraduate Teaching Minors

Undergraduate students who are seeking teacher licensure in art education, English education, English as a Second Language education, mathematics education, science education, social sciences education, or world languages education earn a degree in their content area or related area and a minor in their licensure field. Students earning a baccalaureate degree in mathematics or science seeking licensure to teach math or science in grades 6 – 12 should complete the VolsTeach program while pursuing their baccalaureate. Alternatively, they may pursue a math or science 6 -12 licensure by completing the equivalent of a minor as a prerequisite to a fifth year of professional study.