Master’s of Science Track 1
The College of Education, Health and Human Sciences has the distinction of having a nationally-ranked Teacher Education Program, and is NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) accredited. Prospective applicants to the World Language Education M.S. degree are expected to have the following credentials to be considered for admission.
Track 1 Master’s in World Language Education Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in Classics, French, German or Spanish or a major in one of these content areas.
- Superior (ACTFL standards) proficiency in the target language.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.2 (required) or higher (preferred).
- Previous study abroad in the target language country is highly recommended.
- Previous tutoring/teaching experience in desired.
- For all prospective students seeking a degree in WL education, a personal interview with the degree advisor is required. Those who are not local may be interviewed via SKYPE.
Complete your application through Graduate Admissions. All supporting materials must be uploaded and submitted electronically along with your application. No hard copies will be accepted.
When making an application to the Graduate School, you must submit your application as early as possible, but no later than one month prior to the review or entry date. You have the final responsibility for the timely arrival of each required item.
Additional Admission Requirements
Please provide the following documents in addition to the items required for the Graduate School:
- A recent research paper of which you are the sole author.
- A statement of purpose
- A written statement explaining your academic background, teaching experiences and career goals.
Prospective students seeking additional information on the Track I master’s program in World Language Education should contact Patricia Davis-Wiley
To view the course of study
Please follow this link to the UT Graduate Catalog.
- Select the appropriate catalog from the dropdown menu on the right.
- Select the College of Education, Health and Human Sciences.
- Scroll to TPTE and select “Display Programs for this Department.”
- Click on the appropriate program to see the credit requirements and admission procedures for each program.
All classes must be approved by major advisor: