Skip to content

Secondary Education Minor

Students interested in becoming secondary school teachers earn a BA or BS in the College of Arts and Sciences in the area they wish to teach (e.g., English, mathematics, etc). While completing requirements for the baccalaureate degree, students complete a minor in secondary education.


To view the course of study

Please follow this link to the UT Graduate Catalog.

  1. Select the appropriate catalog from the dropdown menu on the right.
  2. Select the College of Education, Health and Human Sciences.
  3. Scroll to TPTE and select “Display Programs for this Department.”
  4. Click on the appropriate program to see the credit requirements and admission procedures for each program.

Teacher licensure is granted at the successful completion of the professional year; 12 additional hours may be taken to complete the master’s degree.

For more information about master’s programs, check out TPTE Graduate Programs Page.

The flagship campus of the University of Tennessee System and partner in the Tennessee Transfer Pathway.

Report an accessibility barrier.Privacy.