Feature Photo: 2019 TPTE Annual Recognition Ceremony recipients
(L-R) – Lori Farley (North City School / Tennessee Wesleyan University) – Outstanding Alumna; Nathan Langlois (Austin East High School) – Outstanding Collaborator; Sherry Mee Bell (Department Head, TPTE); Donna Wright (Wilson County Schools) – Outstanding Alumna; Katrina Oakley (Anderson County Schools) – Outstanding Collaborator; Vrondelia (Ronni) Chandler (ProjectGRAD) – Outstanding Community Advocate; Jessica Conatser (Grand Oaks Elementary School) – Outstanding Alumna; Desirée Jones (Vine Middle School) – Outstanding Alumna; Caitlin Nowell (Knox County Schools) representing Sharon Roberts (SCORE) – Outstanding Community Advocate; Gloria Johnson (State Representative, 13th District) – Outstanding Community Advocate
Theory and Practice in Teacher Education celebrated their outstanding alumni, faculty, graduate students, community advocates, and collaborators as they presented the 2019 TPTE Recognition Awards at the annual celebration on October 15, held at the Holiday Inn-World’s Fair Park.
The awards were presented by Sherry Mee Bell, department head, and Joan Grim, senior lecturer in special education, to individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the fields of education and / or interpreting as indicated by a distinguished record in the following areas:
- Outstanding Alumnus/a: awarded to a graduate of TPTE or a former department or unit within the College of Education, Health and Human Sciences (CEHHS) that prepares educators in one of the areas currently housed within TPTE
- Recipients included: Jessica Conatser, Lori Farley, Desirée Jones, and Donna Wright
- Outstanding Collaborator: awarded to a professional educator or interpreter who has a distinguished history of collaboration with TPTE faculty, students and staff
- Recipients include: Nathan Langlois and Katrina Oakley
- Outstanding Community Advocate: awarded to an individual with a distinguished history of advocacy for P-12 teachers, students, and / or interpreters
- Recipients included: Vrondelia (Ronni) Chandler, Gloria Johnson, and Sharon Roberts
- Outstanding Faculty Awards: awarded to faculty members with a distinguished history of scholarship and contribution to the field
- Recipients included: Anthony Pellegrino and Stewart Waters
- Graduate Student Research Awards: awarded to graduate students with outstanding research projects
- Recipients included: Kelsey Holton, Nicholas (Shande) King, and Amber Rountree
Congratulations to all of our awardees for their continued commitment to the field of teaching and to furthering TPTE’s mission of “advancing equity through excellence in education”!